About the Paralegal Position
At Elise Buie Family Law Group ("EBFLG"), we practice family law at an elevated standard. Our passion is to enable successful transitions for our clients in an environment where our teams love their work and lives.
Elise Buie Family Law Group was founded in 2015 by visionary Elise Buie, Esq. and headquartered in Seattle. Elise is a champion for maintaining civility throughout the divorce process. Elise advocates for her clients and the best interests of their children, helping them move forward with dignity and from a position of strength. As members of her team, we uphold this mission.
Our team has worked remotely since our inception. Our staff is top-rated, and our firm strives to be recognized as the "best place to work."
Who you'll work with:
This role is part of the family law team, comprised of like-minded family law attorneys and paralegals who are dedicated to reducing conflict for our clients. Our team collaborates by discussing cases, sharing caseloads, and having each other's back. The team works with the highest degree of professionalism, both respecting and challenging one another.
What you'll be doing:
As a paralegal at Elise Buie Family Law Group on the family law team, you will be responsible for client communications, scheduling, and case management; producing, organizing, and maintaining litigation documents; preparation of and answering discovery; drafting of simple motions in consultation with attorneys; conducting research, and assisting in drafting documents and binders and preparing for mediation and trials.
What you bring:
- At least five year's experience and knowledge of Washington State court rules and procedures related to motion practice in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties
- Experience with Dropbox/Adobe/MS Office 365/Slack/Apple/Clio or ability to learn quickly
- Stellar writing skills – a writing sample will be required
- Willingness to be coached and practice radical candor
- A strong sense of community
- Commitment to meet agreed-upon billable hour requirements
- Stable internet and phone access
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse cultural, educational, ethnic, generational, and socioeconomic backgrounds to build relationships
- Desire to network/market/be a leader in your community
- Big dreams
What you get:
- Competitive benefits – healthcare, vision, dental insurance, vacation, and 401(k)
- Home office environment
- Flexible terms – a work plan that meets the needs of your lifestyle
- Compensation commensurate with your experience
- Annual office closures for the winter holiday, including Christmas and New Year's Day, and Fourth of July week
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Access to a delegation service
We are an equal opportunity employer:
In furtherance of our culture of embracing diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All inquiries will be maintained in strict confidence. Interested candidates should email a résumé, writing sample, and cover letter to [email protected]. Video cover letters accepted but not required.
If that resonates with you, send us your resume and cover letter or a short video about what you do and why you think you'd be a great fit at EBFLG, with the button below.